Thursday, 25 July 2013

SearchCap: The Day In Search, July 23, 2013

Jul 23, 2013 at 4:59pm ET by Barry Schwartz

Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.

Google Gets Lowest Score Ever In Customer Satisfaction Survey There’s a mystery surrounding the latest customer satisfaction numbers released by ForeSee Results (for the American Customer Satisfaction Index [ACSI]). Published late last night, they indicate the lowest levels of consumer satisfaction with search engines (and portals) since 2003. The satisfaction scores for social sites are worse. According to the survey, which ranks sites on [...]Google News Showing Old Stories As New: A Google Bug Or Publisher Hack? Last week, I reported on the Search Engine Roundtable, a huge array of complaints from Google News publishers and searchers that some news outlets are showing old stories in Google News, but they are appearing as breaking new stories. The example I gave was a story from USA Today showing as being 14 minutes old [...]To Build Better Links, Stop Focusing On The Bad Ones Over the past year, I confess that I’ve spent way more time digging into bad links than good links. I’ve conducted audits with the specific goal of finding problems — not finding links to emulate or identifying awesome links that the client should go to great lengths to keep. I’ve written more about problem links [...]Budget Flexibility: Accounting For Regional Differences In AdWords Recently, I’ve been seeing a lot of odd spending patterns in client accounts, especially when it comes to international Google AdWords campaigns. No, I’m not referring to mobile or enhanced campaigns — I’m talking about to a failure to account for regional differences in how online consumers search and convert. How you approach the issue [...]

Industry

Local & Maps

Link Building

Searching

SEO

Why Today’s Businesses Won’t Survive Without SEO, Performancing.com3 SEO Tips for Your Mobile Site Right Now: Good, Bad and Mobile SEO, BruceClay.com5 SEO Measurement Mistakes, Luna MetricsCartoon Images In Google’s Authorship Rich Snippets, Search Engine RoundtableFree Raven tools and resources, raventools.comLocal SEO Gets a Huge Bump – How to Optimize for Google’s Local Carousel, Rio Local SearchOn SEO & guest blogging: A smart talk with Ann Smarty, seocopywriting.comPrint Advertising Dollars vs. SEO Dollars, samuelpizzo.comSEO is not dead, it just got a sibling, Martin MacDonaldThe Google News Standout Tag: Does it Work?, Adam SherkThe Ultimate Tactical 10-Step Guide for In-House SEO Professionals, Search Engine JournalYouTube SEO 101: How to Get More Search Engine Traffic From Videos, Search Engine Guide

SEM / Paid Search

Search Marketing

Related Topics: Channel: Other | SearchCap

About The Author: Barry Schwartz is Search Engine Land's News Editor and owns RustyBrick, a NY based web consulting firm. He also runs Search Engine Roundtable, a popular search blog on very advanced SEM topics. Barry's personal blog is named Cartoon Barry and he can be followed on Twitter here. For more background information on Barry, see his full bio over here. See more articles by Barry Schwartz

Connect with the author via: Email | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn

SMX - Search Marketing Expo

View the original article here


This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

No comments:

Post a Comment